Dear Daisy Dog
My friend’s Lab caught his tongue in the automatic paper shredder. Fortunately, the veterinarian was able to suture his tongue back together, and he’s fine now.
Please warn your readers of the dangers of automatic office equipment that looks innocent but bites whatever touches it.
You did it well. Thanks for helping us pets stay safe.
I’ve heard of dogs that were not as lucky as your friend’s Lab.
Some lost much of the tongue – or even faced loss of life because the entire tongue was amputated by the shredder.
As for me, I have long ears and big lips. I’d hate to think what would happen if my body parts were pulled into an automatic shredder.
The cats in my family are at risk too, especially the foolish long-haired cats that jump onto things without first inspecting them.
To keep pets safe, plug in paper shredders only when they are ready to be “fed.” When not in use, automatic equipment should be unplugged.